Katana—the traditional sword carried by the historic samurai of Japan—is a symbol of honor, precision, and artistry in Japanese culture. Adopting the majestic sword’s name with pride, the Katana series presents guitar amplifiers with smooth, cutting tones honed by generations of dedication and expertise. Born of the development process behind the acclaimed Waza amplifier, these innovative amps embody BOSS’s determined pursuit of the ultimate rock sound. Featuring proprietary circuit designs and meticulous tuning, the Katana series combines traditional craftsmanship and breakthrough functions to produce true next-generation rock amplifiers.
Compact and powerful, the 100-watt Katana-Head delivers sharply defined rock tones with rich, commanding presence. The amp also includes integrated access to 55 BOSS effects, which are customizable using the free BOSS Tone Studio editor software. Up to 15 different effects can be loaded at one time, enabling you to build fully prepared sounds inside the amp. In addition, the versatile Katana-Head is equipped with an effects loop and MIDI for integration with advanced rigs, and features a convenient built-in monitor speaker for tone preview and practice without a cab.
- Light and portable 100-watt amplifier head with powerful, gig-ready sound
- Five unique amp characters: Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown (derived from the Waza amp), and Acoustic (for acoustic-electric guitars)
- Choose from 55 customizable effects with BOSS Tone Studio editor software
- Store 15 different effects on board, with three effects available at once
- Dedicated gain, EQ, presence, and effects controls for adjusting sounds quickly
- Four Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-up tones at low volumes
- Integrated 5-inch monitor speaker for practice without an external cab
- Line Out and USB jacks provide mix-ready direct tones
- MIDI In for Tone Setting selection and effects on/off from a MIDI foot controller
- Pro setups available at the BOSS Tone Central website