Redefining the modeling amplifier as you know it. Advanced technology that carefully recreates classic amplifier circuits, providing a more authentic tone.
- SPL version Limited Edition with red facia strip
- Proprietary VET (Virtual Element Technology) models the actual circuitry of the original amp.
- The new power amp stage employs an FET-equipped analog circuit and also models the sag and compression that is characteristic of classic amplifiers.
- A sealed, one-piece speaker cabinet allows for overwhelming sonic performance and eliminates unwanted vibrations.
- A 6.5" speaker delivers 15 Watt of output power
- A unique bass-reflex design delivers an unprecedented amount of rich low end for an amplifier of this size.
- The ABS cabinet material offers extremely light weight, durability, and unique acoustical properties.
- Ultra-light weight design of 3.8 kg (8.38 lbs) shatters expectations for guitar amps.
- A total of eleven extremely accurate built-in amp models, including coveted vintage amps and sought-after boutique amps.
- A total of eight reengineered built-in effects: four types of modulation and four types of delay/reverb.
- Power level control allows you to lower the volume without sacrificing dynamics.
- Eleven song presets that instantly simulate the sound of historic songs and famous guitarists.
- Two customizable user programs
- Headphone output and AUX input for silent practice or playing along with your favorite tracks
- An optional VFS5 foot switch allows for expanded user programmability.
A diverse array of amps and effects allows for comprehensive sound-shaping
The eleven built-in amp models include VOX’s legendary AC30 as well as also several high-gain, crunch, and clean sounds. A VX amplifier is the one unit you need to achieve a variety of coveted amplifier sounds ranging from classic vintage effects to costly boutique amps. A full complement of effects is also provided, including four types of modulation and four types of delay/reverb. The effects featured in the VX amplifier range have been also been reengineered to deliver more accurate and articulate tones.
The eleven preset programs take full advantage of these amps and effects to simulate the signature sounds of famous guitarists and classic songs.
A redesigned power amp stage, complete with an FET equipped analog circuit
Responsiveness, dynamic overdrive, and incredible sound quality — for the guitarist, these are the unique attractions of a tube amp, and are the reason that tube amps have continued to be sought by guitarists for decades. These characteristics are significantly influenced by the power amp stage of the amplifier. A new, FET-based analog power amp was designed specifically for the VX I and VX II to accurately reproduce the characteristics of a tube amp. This power amp design employs technology inherited from the Valvetronix series and succeeds in reproducing the distinctive sag of a classic tube amp.
Unique bass-reflex design and sealed cabinet produce a rich low-end
In order to obtain a more authentic sound and produce sound more efficiently, we employed a uniquely designed-bass reflex structure in conjunction with a sealed, one-piece speaker enclosure. While providing an external appearance appropriate for a guitar amp, the cabinet's shape, the curvature of the front and back surfaces, and the internal reinforcement ribs have all been carefully designed to optimize the resonance. A conventional wooden baffle was chosen to retain the projection and tone of a classic guitar amp, while the cabinet is constructed from lightweight and durable ABS. The combination of these two materials yields a superior acoustical property that sounds superb yet retains easy portability. All of these unique elements work together to bring forth a level of sound quality that was previously unachievable with an amp of this class.