Since it first appeared in the 1930s, the concise, clear content of the best-selling A Tune A Day series has revolutionised music-making in the classroom and the home. Now, for the first time, C Paul Herfurth's original books have been completely rewritten with new music and the latest instrumental technique for a new generation of musicians.
The A New Tune A Day books have the same logical, gentle pace, and keen attention to detail. The selection of music is fresh and exciting, including duets and rounds to inspire the student and ensure that those vital practice hours are never boring, and the explanatory diagrams and photographs will help the student to achieve the perfect technique and tone.
This book contains:
- Advice on equipment
- Instructions for an effective technique and a comfortable posture
- Explanatory section on reading notation
- Easy-to-follow lessons on clear, uncluttered pages
- Audio CD with a virtuoso performance, backing tracks and audio examples
- Great music including duets
- Tests to check progress and comprehension
- Useful pull-out chart giving note positions and common chords