Faith Trembesi instruments are a relatively recent addition to the Faith range. Indigenous to Indonesia – where the Faith workshops are based – this beautifully grained, exotic wood sits comfortably between the tonal offerings of Mahogany and Rosewood.
Using Engelmann Spruce for the top and Solid Indonesian Trembesi for the back and sides, each guitar looks quite traditional until the exotic timber is revealed upon closer inspection. Trembesi series guitars will respond well to strumming and finger-style techniques alike, with the frequency curve starting high, dipping a little and rising once more toward the top. The resulting sound is remarkably loud and responsive with evenly balanced harmonics.
The solid Engelmann Spruce top is coated with a thin, protective lacquer whereas the back and sides are finished with a satin feel. This contrast ensures a good balance between both control and natural resonance. The binding is solid Rosewood, and the fingerboard, bridge, headplate and heelcap are Macassan Ebony.
The electro-acoustic models within the range are fitted with Shadow Electronics' 'Performer Tuner' preamp and a Shadow Nanoflex undersaddle pickup.
- Top Wood: Solid Engelmann Spruce
- Back Wood: Solid Indonesian Trembesi
- Side Wood: Solid Indonesian Trembesi
- Binding: Solid Rosewood
- Bracing Material: Quarter-Sawn Spruce
- Bracing Pattern: Patrick James Eggle X-Brace Design
- Rosette: 5mm Abalone with Fibre Border
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Joint: Patrick James Eggle Bolt-On Design
- Fingerboard: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 16"
- Fingerboard Inlays: Mother of Pearl 'F' at 12th Fret
- Machine Head: Grover Rotomatic Gold
- Trussrod: 2 Way
- Nut / Saddle: TUSQ (PQ-6116)/(PQ-9110)
- Nut Width: Nut 43mm / String Spacing 55mm
- Bridge: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Macassan Figured Ebony with Abalone Dots
- Finish Type: Gloss Top / Satin Back and Sides
- Preamp / Pickup: Shadow Performer Tuner Preamp / Shadow Nanoflex Pick
- Hardcase: Included