With a solid Spruce top and flame Maple back and sides, the GJ72CE produces all the lush, robust tone players will expect from a jumbo guitar. The slim Mahogany neck and 12" bound Rosewood fingerboard offer great feel and playability. The onboard Takamine TK-40D preamp system gives you a built in tuner with three band EQ and gain controls, mid contour switch, notch filter and EQ bypass switch for ultimate versatility and great stage performances.
Other great features include a synthetic bone nut and split bridge saddle, Rosewood headcap, abalone rosette, abalone "reversed mountain" inlay at the 12th fret, gold die-cast tuners with pearl buttons and a beautiful gloss finish.
Takamine Jumbo Body Style
The Takamine Jumbo guitars have tons of body and attitude perfect for rich, full chords. The cutaways still allow good access to the higher frets and a nice balance. Ideal for players looking for a power and fullness in their music that can cut through any mix.
Body & Bridge
- Body Back: Flame Maple
- Body Shape: Jumbo Cutaway
- Body Sides: Flame Maple
- Body Top: Solid Spruce
- Bracing: Quartersawn "X"
- Bridge: Rosewood
Neck & Fingerboard
- Fretboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Number of Frets: 20
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: Abalone Reversed Mountain at 12th Fret
- Scale Length: 25.4” (644 mm)
- Hardware: Gold
- Tuning Machines: Gold Die-Cast w/ Pearl Buttons
- Strings: D'Addario® EXP 16 Coated Phosphor Bronze (.012-.053 Gauges)
- Special Electronics: Takamine TP-4TD Preamp with Built-In Tuner