Introduced at the 1958 NAMM Show, as its name would suggest, the Fender Jazzmaster was originally intended for use by jazz guitarists but thanks to its versatile electronics, unique tone and fantastic visual appeal, guitarists of all genres soon caught on to this awesome instrument.
An example of Fender’s constant commitment to self-improvement and evolution, the Jazzmaster underwent a few changes in 1966 with updates including a bound neck, block inlays and a great looking matching painted headstock.
These features have been reproduced along with some other great modern enhancements on the Fender Limited Edition 60th Anniversary Classic Jazzmaster – the perfect celebration of six decades of the Fender Jazzmaster.
- Authentic Fender Jazzmaster Style
- Daphne Blue Colour
- Tweed Case
- Anniversary Neck Plate
- Pau Ferro Fretboard
- Classic Series ‘60s Jazzmaster Single-Coil Pickups
Iconic Jazzmaster Body
Made with Alder and sporting a beautifully retro inspired Daphne Blue colour that is finished with gloss nitrocellulose lacquer, the iconic body shape of the Jazzmaster is there with its revolutionary offset waist and beautifully elegant curves.
Attached to the body is a Maple neck which features a comfortable “C” shape profile. Atop the neck is a Pau Ferro fretboard made with a modern 9.5” radius and sporting 21 narrow tall frets for enhanced playability.
Classic 60s Sound
To give the 60th Anniversary Jazzmaster the classic and authentic ‘60s Jazzmaster sound, Fender have fitted it with a duet of Classic Series ‘60s Jazzmaster single-coil pickups. These pickups are warm and dynamic while delivering just the right amount of punch to make them suitable for any genre.
The famous Jazzmaster lead/rhythm circuit is at the heart of this guitar’s super-flexible controls and combined you can easily access a huge range of sounds, far beyond what you’d expect from a single guitar.
Other great touches include the vintage-style, 6-saddle adjustable bridge which features a “floating” tremolo tailpiece and vintage-style tremolo arm; a great way of getting that awesome, retro-inspired whammy sound that made guitars such as the Jazzmaster so popular with surf music and rock ‘n’ roll.
Up on the headstock there are six vintage-style tuning machines for precise tuning of your strings while a synthetic bone nut, dual-wing string tree, traditional 4-bolt neck plate and great looking 4-ply tortoiseshell pickguard complete the instrument.
- Series: Limited Edition
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck: Maple, “C” Shape
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 21, Narrow Tall
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.650” (42 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Adjustable with “Floating” Tremolo Tailpiece
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Pickups: Classic Series ‘60s Jazzmaster single-coil (Bridge/Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup; 2-Position Slide: Up: Rhythm Tone Circuit, Down: Lead Tone Circuit
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Aged White
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Hardshell Case