Mixing modern sound and a plethora of innovative features with traditional visual style, the American Elite Stratocaster HSS Shawbucker doesn’t just push the envelope—it completely annihilates it. Designed for modern players who need tonal variety on tap, as well as unprecedented performance and supple playing feel, this top-notch performer delivers every single time you plug it in and play.
This American Elite HSS model combines a powerful Shawbucker open-coil humbucking bridge pickup with the exclusive New fourth generation Noiseless pickups, which represent a quantum leap in pickup design. The new Noiseless pickups’ hum-free vintage-style sound and the Shawbucker’s snarling midrange creates pristine cleans and gigantic overdriven tones for multidimensional classic Stratocaster sound turned up to 11. Push-push switching enables the “passing lane”, which instantly rerouts your bridge pickup signal, bypassing the tone circuit. This kicks your tone into overdrive with enhanced overtones and high output. Designed for fast playing and effortless position changes, the compound profile neck with a 9.5”-14” compound radius fingerboard is ideal for all playing styles. A modern “C”-shape at the nut, the profile morphs along the length of the neck to a modern “D”- shaped profile at the updated neck heel, providing plenty of comfortable support for fret hand antics. New locking short-post tuning machines provide increased break angle at the new synthetic bone nut for buzz-free performance while the smooth two-point modern tremolo adds emotive touches to your performance without sacrificing your tuning. In a vintage-inspired touch, the new truss rod adjustment wheel has been moved to the butt end of the neck for easier access, making neck relief adjustments a snap.
Fender is renowned for mind-blowing style, and this guitar is no different—from the redesigned sleek contours that hug the player’s body for an enhanced playing experience to the black chrome headstock logo, new modern string tree, large pearloid fret markers and unique new colors this instrument will dazzle the audience with classic aesthetics. The American Elite Stratocaster HSS Shawbucker is a bold new guitar for progressive players setting out to explore new musical frontiers. Includes a redesigned Elite Molded Case with TSA locks to provide increased protection for your cherished instrument.
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Compound Back Shape, Modern "C" to "D"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5"-14" Compound Radius (241 mm-355.6 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Truss Rod Nut: Heel-Mounted Spoke Wheel Adjustment
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Asymmetrical
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Position Inlays: Large Black Pearloid Dots
- Bridge Pickup: Shawbucker
- Middle Pickup: New 4th Generation Noiseless
- Neck Pickup: New 4th Generation Noiseless
- Controls: Master Volume (with S-1™ switch), Tone 1 (Neck Pickup), Tone 2 (Middle and Bridge Pickups; No-Load™ Tone control)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HSS
- Special Electronics: Push-Push Passing lane switch to engage Bridge Pickup and bypass tone controls
- Bridge: 2-Point Deluxe Synchronized Tremolo with Pop-In Arm
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Cast/Sealed Locking (all short posts)
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs: Aged White Soft Touch Knobs
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)