Originally intended for sophisticated jazz guitarists, the Jazzmaster was quickly embraced by musicians attracted to its left-of-center looks and fat sound. A direct descendent of the guitar that powered underground music from the late-‘60s to today, the American Professional Jazzmaster is ready to lend its unique sound to your playing.
An elegant model with flexible electronics and a rich voice, the Jazzmaster’s introduction in 1958 marked the first time a rosewood fingerboard was used on a Fender instrument. Thanks to its effortless playing feel and ergonomic offset-waist body, the Jazzmaster has powered infinite musical genres, including surf rock, gospel, new wave and indie rock, among others.
Developed by longtime pickup guru Michael Frank, creator of the renowned Eric Johnson Signature Stratocaster® Pickups, the brand-new V-Mod Jazzmaster pickups kick out hot, vintage-inspired tone with plenty of punch and definition. Retain high end clarity when adjusting the volume controls, thanks to the new treble-bleed tone circuit. The new modern “Deep C”-shaped neck profile feels just right in your hand while the narrow-tall frets make it easy to bend strings accurately and play perfectly intonated chords.
The improved tremolo and bridge incorporate a screw-in arm and brass Mustang saddles that stabilize the strings while adding a touch of sonic zip to your tone.
The best of yesterday and today, the American Professional Jazzmaster is the latest form of electric inspiration from Fender. Step up and stake your claim to a legend.
- New modern “Deep C” neck profile
- Narrow-tall frets
- Treble-bleed circuit
- Bone nut
- Includes Elite Molded hardshell case
- Redesigned bridge with modified posts, brass Mustang saddles and screw-in arm (Jazzmaster and Jaguar models)
- New nickel-silver pickup claw (Jaguar model)
- Four-way pickup switch/pickup phase switch (Jaguar model)
- Pop-in tremolo arm (Stratocaster models)
- New bridge with compensated brass barrel saddles and redesigned bridge cover (Telecaster models)