In the late ‘60s and early ‘70s guitarists wanted hum-free tone based on the sound of an amp about to blow up. You asked—so we listened and created the Telecaster Deluxe in 1973. Today’s version, the American Professional Telecaster Deluxe ShawBucker, brings modern, player-oriented features to the stage and studio, and can still make an amp sizzle without breaking a sweat.
With its flexible sound and vintage-voiced pickups, the Telecaster Deluxe adds a touch of girth to the traditional Telecaster twang and bite. From pop and punk to the most brutal modern metal, the Telecaster Deluxe has powered countless recordings and infinite stages, creating the music we love.
The pair of warm, rich-sounding ShawBucker humbucking pickups are voiced specifically for each position, producing powerful, nuanced tones with original Fender sonic DNA. Retain high end clarity when adjusting the volume controls, thanks to the new treble-bleed tone circuit that lets your tone shine through in all its glory. The new modern “Deep C”-shaped neck profile feels just right in your hand while the narrow-tall frets make it easy to bend strings accurately and play perfectly intonated chords.
The best of yesterday and today, the American Professional Telecaster Deluxe ShawBucker is the latest form of electric inspiration from Fender. Step up and stake your claim to a legend.
- New modern “Deep C” neck profile
- Narrow-tall frets
- Treble-bleed circuit
- Bone nut
- Includes Elite Molded hardshell case
- Redesigned bridge with modified posts, brass Mustang saddles and screw-in arm (Jazzmaster and Jaguar models)
- New nickel-silver pickup claw (Jaguar model)
- Four-way pickup switch/pickup phase switch (Jaguar model)
- Pop-in tremolo arm (Stratocaster models)
- New bridge with compensated brass barrel saddles and redesigned bridge cover (Telecaster models)