The goal was to take Hagstrom’s three most established solid body platforms and create an extraordinary aesthetic to be combined with equally extraordinary performance enhancements. The classic, all-mahogany Swede; the longer scale-length Super Swede with its mahogany/maple body; and the lighter, more lively Ultra Swede all maintain their basic tone-wood infrastructure together with Hagstrom’s signature H-Expander truss rod system and Sustain-Block tailpiece. Each model sings with the unique voice guitarists have come to expect from Hagstrom.
A decidedly rich, yet unifying aesthetic allows these distinctly different guitars to be considered together as a coherent group. A dark, heraldic motif centered on a raised medallion embedded into the top is set off by black chrome hardware elements and black pearloid binding. Handsomely tooled knobs, custom-made by Q-Parts specifically for this project, complete the package. Darkly mysterious and slightly wicked-looking, but with a versatile refinement that will appeal to a wide range of sensibilities, the result is both rich and deep.
The humbucking pickups are by Swedish pickup master Johan Lundgren, and were designed rock as hard as Hagstrom pickups are known for, but would also offer a level of dynamics and intensity enabling entry into heavier, edgier, more progressive domains. With Lundgren’s history of designing pickups for the likes of Swedish progressive-metal powerhouse bands Meshuggah and GHOST, we felt he would be up to the challenge; and up to it he was. Each of these models is equipped with a Lundgren-designed AlNiCo-2 humbucker in the neck position and AlNiCo-5 humbucker at the bridge. The result covers an immense expressive range; from smooth, warm tones to the kind of attack and intense dynamic output that would satisfy the demands of even the most extreme musical styles.
Rounding out the compliment of cutting-edge features is a set of Ratio® tuning machines by Graph-Tech®. Each string is mated to a tuning machine with a custom gear ratio so that one turn equals one tone, regardless of the string. Predictable, precise and efficient, Ratio® makes tuning intuitive and natural.
- Material: Mahogany
- Super Swede Top: 10 mm Carved Maple
- Swede & Ultra Swede Top: Mahogany
- Style: Single Cutaway
- Joint: Set Neck
- Material: Mahogany
- Truss Rod: H-Expander™
- Material: Resinator™
- Radius: 15"
- Inlays: Perloid Block
- Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo
- Super Swede Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Swede & Ultra Swede Scale Length: 24.75" (628 mm)
- Nut: GraphTech Black Tusq XL
- Nut Width: 43 mm
- Pickups: Lundgren Design
- Neck: AlNico #2
- Bridge: AlNiCo #5
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Toggle Switch
- 2 x Volume / 2 x Tone (Super Swede/Swede)
- 1 x Volume/1 x Tone (Ultra Swede)
- Push/Pull Coil tap option on Tone Potentiometer(s) Super Swede/Ultra Swede
- 3-Way Sound Filter Toogle switch Swede
- Black Nickel Finish
- Knobs: Q-Parts Dome Knobs "Vine"
- Bridge: Long Travel T-O-M bridge with HAGSTROM Stop Tail Piece, 6 individual brass string blocks
- Tuning Keys: Graphtech Ratio Tuners with optimized tuning ratios per strings (180° turn = 1/2 tone)
- Tre Kronor Castle Metal Badge
- 3-Kings Body Decal and Black Pearloid Body/Neck/Headstock Binding
- Strings: D'Addario EXP 110 (10-46)