Faith PJE Legacy Earth Electro-Acoustic, All Solid, Torrefied Sitka Spruce Top, African Khaya Mahogany BackRegular price £1,385.00 Sale price £1,109.00
Focusing solely on Patrick James Eggles historic acoustic body shapes, our new PJE Legacy Series guitars set a new bar for professional excellence.
The Sitka Spruce tops of these guitars have been kiln-aged through a process of torrefaction or torrefication. The Spruce is air dried before being roasted in a kiln with precise controls over atmospheric and oxygen levels to reduce its moisture content. Then as the wood cools, precise amounts of moisture are re-introduced to the wood. The resulting timber is more stable - always good when used as a topwood - and aurally, it produces a rich, mellow tone with a mature voicing which would take perhaps 20 years of waiting to achieve under normal circumstances. Treating Spruce this way has its benefits on the way it looks too with it taking on a golden-caramel colouring that sees this series radiate an authentic, grown-up vibe.
Paired with a range of African Khaya Mahogany and Rosewood back and sides, these guitars have real power and depth of tone. They also feature solid high-figure, Flamed Maple bindings, Figured Ebony fingerboards and bridges, and bone nuts, saddles and bridge pins. Also for the first time in Faith Guitars history - each guitar has a solid Figured Ebony pickguard.
Based on Patrick James Eggles ‘Linville model, the Earth is a true Orchestra Model (OM) shape and is the newest addition to the Faith family. In true OM fashion, its 15" lower bout is flattened at the base, and at 4.45" deep, its shallow body makes for a comfortable mid-sized guitar.
These Faith Legacy models are fitted with Fishmans latest FLEX-BLEND preamp system. Featuring an undersaddle piezo pickup and condensor microphone, greater sound balance is achieved, plus percussive techniques can be fully explored. The preamp features 3 ultra-discreet knobs, a built in tuner, EQ contour control, blend control (Piezo/Mic), and phase control (push to activate). The battery is stored in a special bag located inside the guitar fixed to the neck black, and the jack output is combined with the strap button at the base.
- Pickguard: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Top Wood: Torrefied Canadian Sitka Spruce
- Back Wood: African Khaya Mahogany
- Side Wood: African Khaya Mahogany
- Binding: Solid Flamed Maple
- Bracing Material: Quarter-Sawn Spruce
- Bracing Pattern: Patrick James Eggle X-Brace Design
- Rosette: 5mm Abalone with Fibre Border
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Joint: Patrick James Eggle Bolt-On Design
- Fingerboard: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 16"
- Fingerboard Inlays: Mother of Pearl F at 12th Fret
- Machine Head: Grover Rotomatic 18:1 Nickel
- Trussrod: 2 Way
- Nut / Saddle: Natural Bone
- Nut Width: 45mm / String Spacing 55mm
- Bridge: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Natural Bone
- Finish Type: PU Lacquer High Gloss all-over
- Preamp / Pickup: Fishman Flex Blend / Condenser Mic
- Hardcase: Faith Premium Hardcase Included