Faith HiGloss Venus Percussive Electro-Acoustic, All Solid, Engelmann Spruce Top, Mahogany BackRegular price £1,229.00 Sale price £982.00
Designed for the fingerstyle or percussive guitarist who wants a whole new level of expressive performance, the FVHG-PERC uses Fishmans excellent INK BODY system which fuses the clarity of a traditional undersaddle piezo pickup with the tonal richness of a body sensor, located under the bridge plate.
The revolutionary new body sensor allows for much greater note expression when playing fingerstyle, whilst also delivering a multitude of sonic effects when tapping and slapping various parts of the body. An all-important ‘body control located on the preamp fascia allows players to dial in the under-bridge pickup alongside the piezo pickup for full control over the level of percussive elements heard in the mix.
The Venus is the now iconic shape that brought Faith Guitars to the consciousness of so many players over the years. The combination of a 15" lower bout and a slimmer depth of bodylooks to classic OM or Auditorium body-shapes for inspiration, and makes the Venus the perfect compromise. It is still big enough to deliver a big acoustic performance, yet remains small enough for the player to jump around on stage with no problem.
Faith HiGloss series are designed to offer both visual and aural beauty. Using high grade Englemann Spruce for the top and highly-figured Rosewood for the back and sides, HiGloss models feature solid Flamed Maple binding and Macassan Ebony for the fingerboard, bridge, headplate and heelcap.
Tonally, this combination of wood is generally bright and zingy, delivering great clarity. Visualising this as a frequency curve, it would be shaped like a smile: high on the bass, dipping down through the middle and rising once again at the top end, lending itself to fingerstyle and solo pieces in particular.
- Top Wood: Solid Engelmann Spruce
- Back Wood: Solid Rosewood
- Side Wood: Solid Rosewood
- Binding: Solid Flamed Maple
- Bracing Material: Quarter-Sawn Spruce
- Bracing Pattern: Patrick James Eggle X-Brace Design
- Rosette: 5mm Abalone with Fibre Border
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Joint: Patrick James Eggle Bolt-On Design
- Fingerboard: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 16"
- Fingerboard Inlays: Mother of Pearl F at 12th Fret
- Machine Head: Grover Rotomatic Gold
- Trussrod: 2 Way
- Nut / Saddle: TUSQ (PQ-6116)/(PQ-9110)
- Nut Width: 43mm / String Spacing 55mm
- Bridge: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Macassan Figured Ebony with Abalone Dots
- Finish Type: High Gloss Top, Back and Sides
- Preamp / Pickup: Fishman INK BODY Preamp / Undersaddle Piezo Pickup & Bridge Plate Body Sensor
- Hardcase: Included